Working with the Head of Technical Services to develop and deploy assays for fee-paying customers of the Company. The post-holder will be expected to deliver outstanding service, improve quality and control costs within our highly regulated business. This will mean developing new initiatives rather than relying on the existing and then confidently deploying and managing change. We expect that value can be increased and costs decreased and we require strong year-on-year growth. Generally, the post-holder will be expected to deliver results once business has been secured but they should expect to be called upon to play a part in business development and feel confident representing the Company. They will form and maintain strategic relationships with key customers and technology partners.
Role specific duties
- Deliver the expectation of the customer whilst also balancing the interests of the company.
- Liaise with assay development customers frequently and as needed to ensure customer satisfaction and confidence is high
- Together with the Head of Technical Services (HoTS) responsible for development of all manufacturing and genomic services according to defined service levels including turnaround times, project deadlines, productivity levels, quality levels and cost per sample
- Work with the manufacturing team frequently and as needed to ensure work is transferred into routine production as smoothly as possible
- Make most effective use of limited resources (people, equipment, reagents, space and time) in conjunction with Senior Scientists and Production Manager
- Development and reporting of appropriate KPIs across the company
- Work closely with senior management on facilities management, jointly responsible for maximising efficiency of existing resources whilst ensuring sufficient resources are in place to deliver the services and products across the sites
- Work with the senior management team, taking an active part in Health and Safety management in the Company to maintain a safe workplace
- Together with senior management, constantly evaluate staffing levels adjusting them as appropriate for our business
- Together with senior management determine annual Capital Equipment requirement and control the spend.
- Together with Quality Manager, optimise and simplify process flows within all services through evidence-based approach
- Actively contribute to Group Risk Management practices, develop and manage the disaster recovery plan
Strictly no agencies.
Deadline: 18th April 2022